Work Location: Madison, Wisconsin
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a IT Manager-Application Development. This position is open due to an internal transfer that ocurred months ago as well as continued growth within the supported areas. A qualified candidate would have 3-5 years of experience managing a team within the app dev space. This individual will be managing a team of 5-7 application developers that support our Field Sales and B2B Marketing areas. Managing of budgets on a per-project basis ranging from 100k to $1M will be required by this person. Since this is application development, knowledge of SDLC, to include Waterfall & Agile, methodologies are preferred. The department is very project driven so project management experience would be a plus. Due to evolving changes within the area, contact & call center workflow experience would also be nice to have.
Project & System Executions: 50-60%
1. Oversee project teams as needed to support Company or Business Area projects and requests. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon with the project sponsors. Responsible for coordinating with staff across the IT organization to ensure successful delivery of project activity,
2. Accountable for overseeing successful completion of all non-project work activities (regulatory changes, enhancements, break/fix, maintenance, etc.) as required to support SLA s and functional needs of the Company or a Business Area. Develop and manage to operational budgets and plans.
3. Develop and maintain project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments.
4. Manage relationship with external service providers as part of project execution of application support/hosting. Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of CMG and the IT department.
Application Data & Technical Strategy: 5-15%
1. Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for projects, staffing, etc. within area of responsibility
2. Participate in long-term technology planning processes. Ensure planned delivery activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint.
Business Leadership & Customer Relationship:10-15%
1. Understand business needs and processes for area of responsibility. Work with appropriate IT leaders / teams to ensure the application footprint/infrastructure will support the current and planned needs of the Business Area/Company.
2. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution, operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
1. Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
2. Define application development/infrastructure team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area or Company results.
3. Communicate and reinforce CMG/IT/application/infrstructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
4. Coach/mentor team members as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
1. College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Five years data processing experience with progression through technical and analyst, or equivalent, levels to
management. This includes three years experience in the direction of systems development.
3. Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills.
Job Specific Requirements
4. Salesforce.com experience a plus
5. Knowledge of SDLC – Waterfall, and Agile preferred.
6. Experience with direct to consumer or contact center preferred.
7. Project management experience preferred.