Work Location: Madison, Wisconsin
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as an IT Manager in our Lending IT Services & Distribution group. This newly-created position will manage a group of 5-7 developers that support credit union technology and create software solutions – web, mobile, desktop applications that help with the credit union lending process. The area has a startup mentality and requires the IT Manager to not only manage staff, but can also interact with management and customers in an effort to bring new software solution concepts and ideas to the forefront in order to keep the company competitive within the growing business-to-business as well as direct-to-consumer marketplace. Familiarity managing software developers is needed as well as experience with the software development life cycle to include appropriate methodologies – waterfall, agile, iterative, etc. Prior hands-on experience of programming knowledge is not needed, but preferred.
Project & System Executions:
1. Oversee project teams as needed to support Company or Business Area projects and requests. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon with the project sponsors. Responsible for coordinating with staff across the IT organization to ensure successful delivery of project activity,
2. Accountable for overseeing successful completion of all non-project work activities (regulatory changes, enhancements, break/fix, maintenance, etc.) as required to support SLA s and functional needs of the Company or a Business Area. Develop and manage to operational budgets and plans.
3. Develop and maintain project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments.
4. Manage relationship with external service providers as part of project execution of application support/hosting. Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of CMG and the IT department.
Application Data & Technical Strategy:
1. Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for projects, staffing, etc. within area of responsibility
2. Participate in long-term technology planning processes. Ensure planned delivery activities are in alignment with long-term technology footprint.
Business Leadership & Customer Relationship:
1. Understand business needs and processes for area of responsibility. Work with appropriate IT leaders / teams to ensure the application footprint/infrastructure will support the current and planned needs of the Business Area/Company.
2. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution, operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
1. Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
2. Define application development/infrastructure team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area or Company results.
3. Communicate and reinforce CMG/IT/application/infrastructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
4. Coach/mentor team members as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
Desired Skills & Experience
1. College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Five years data processing experience with progression through technical and analyst, or equivalent, levels to
management. This includes three years experience in the direction of systems development.
3. Excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills.